You can almost feel the evening nip in the air. The days are beginning to get shorter, evenings cooler, and leaves slowly starting to turn. As our thoughts turn to fall festivities and autumn colors, so should our plans for preparing our homes for cold winter months.
At Peebles Homes, a Dayton new home builder, we love our Realtor partners and are excited to share their fall maintenance checklist courtesy of HouseLogic by REALTORS®.
- Clean and stow your mower
- Remove garden hoses from faucets
- Drain your sprinkler system
- Seal air leaks with color matched exterior caulk
- Remove debris from gutters
- Safely check your roof for damaged shingles, black algae stains, and vent flashing
- Have your furnace and fireplace serviced so you’re ready for the first cold night
- Purchase a supply of appropriately sized furnace filters and plan to change on a monthly basis
- Check your smoke detectors and replace batteries
- Trim plants and trees and remove leaves and debris from your yard and around your home
With your home maintenance in order, you can now focus your efforts on how to have fun. For this, we suggest checking out Peebles Homes on Pinterest where we’ve been busy building our fall boards including Autumn Celebrations at Home, National Chili Day, and Tailgating at Home!
About Peebles Homes: Locally owned Peebles Homes is a third-generation new home builder offering energy efficient new homes in the Dayton area for over 80 years. Offering new homes in some of the finest communities, Peebles Homes is an active member of the Dayton HBA. Second generation homebuilder Tom Peebles served as President of the HBA in 1995 and was picked by his peers as the 1994 Builder of the Year based on a record of leadership and accomplishment. In 2009, Tom was awarded the prestigious Robert E. McDaniel-Karl Zengel Leadership Award for demonstrated leadership accomplishments over a career. Third generation homebuilder, John Peebles, is a graduate of Southern Adventist University and a Certified Green Professional by the National Association of Home Builders. John has served on the Board of the Home Builders Association since 2013, serving as Vice President in 2016 and President in 2017. John was also named the 2018 Builder Member of the Year for contributions to the industry and the community.
Peebles Homes. Your Home. Your Way.