With interest rates at historic lows, there’s never been a better time to purchase a home. But when faced with the decision of buying a new home or the used home around the corner, there are several things to take into consideration when you think that a used home is, well, just a better deal.
1. Quality of Construction – When we hear, “They don’t make things the way they used to.” We say, “Thank goodness!” New Peebles Homes are built with state-of-the art products, materials, and techniques that meet the most current regional building codes for safety, security, and home performance.
2. Energy Savings – New ComfortSmart Peebles Homes are built to new home energy codes which when compared to the used home around the corner will cost hundreds of dollars less a month to heat and cool and provide you with a more consistent and comfortable living environment.
3. Stylish Living – When you purchase a new home in the greater Dayton area from award-winning Peebles Homes, not only will you get that open concept home that you’ve seen on HGTV, you’ll have access to thousands of designer features and options to personalize your new home that’s been architecturally designed for livability and stylish living for years to come.
4. Closing Cost Assistance – New home builders sell A LOT OF HOMES! It’s all we do so we’ve established long standing relationships with preferred lenders who off special financing packages that are available exclusively to our new home clients as well as a hassle-free closing.
5. New Home Warranty – There’s nothing more important than peace of mind and that’s just what you’ll have when you purchase a brand new home with a new home warranty that will cover everything from the foundation to the roof and everything in between.
6. Special Incentives – New home builders offer special financial incentives that will allow you to personalize your new home with designer features, options, landscaping, and more.
7. New Appliances, New Carpet, New Everything – That used home around the corner is filled with used stuff. All the money you saved in purchasing a used home will now be spent in home maintenance and at Home Depot purchasing new appliances, new carpet, new paint, stylish lighting and plumbing fixtures…. Oh, and we can’t forget, your time. You’ll have none of it when you purchase a used fixer upper!
8. Safety Features – New homes include safety features that used homes don’t include. Safety features like smoke and carbon monoxide detectors that are hard wired into key rooms of your new home. Today’s new homes are built to higher standards for the safety and security of your family including low-volt wiring for smarter homes and security systems.
9. New Home Communities – New homes are built in new home communities. These communities, like The Woods of Beavercreek and Downing Farm, offer new homes that are located in more desirable locations with better schools and excellent amenities.
10. That New Home Smell – Sure we’ve given you a long list of reasons why you should choose to start fresh and buy new. But, like purchasing a brand-new car, a brand-new home comes with that brand-new home smell because it’s never been smoked in and there have never been any pets doing, well, what pets do!
Purchasing a new home from an award-winning Dayton new home builder is a fun experience. With dozens of new home plans to choose from, there’s never been a better time to start fresh and just buy new!
About Peebles Homes: Locally owned Peebles Homes is a third-generation new home builder offering energy efficient new homes in the Dayton area for over 80 years. Offering new homes in some of the finest communities, Peebles Homes is an active member of the Dayton HBA. Second generation homebuilder Tom Peebles served as President of the HBA in 1995 and was picked by his peers as the 1994 Builder of the Year based on a record of leadership and accomplishment. In 2009, Tom was awarded the prestigious Robert E. McDaniel-Karl Zengel Leadership Award for demonstrated leadership accomplishments over a career. Third generation homebuilder, John Peebles, is a graduate of Southern Adventist University and a Certified Green Professional by the National Association of Home Builders. John has served on the Board of the Home Builders Association since 2013, serving as Vice President in 2016 and President in 2017. John was also named the 2018 Builder Member of the Year for contributions to the industry and the community.